Thursday, August 18, 2011

What's in Your Heart?

http://youtu.be/CGSPCjuJGYo


The heart can hold a lot things. In fact, the heart is like a treasure box. And what you cherish most, resides in it. Some things can take up a lot of room in our hearts, even though they are small. For example, some people's hearts are full of envy. And some people's hearts are full of greed. Some people are full of fear. And then again, some are full of pride. Some carry in it, lust, and others store hate.

Oh how heavy must a heart be, when it's holding such things!
And woe to the person who bears things such as these.
So much to hold in such little space.

The Bible goes on to say that the heart is what determines how a man/woman shall live. And that, which shows through our words and actions, also tells of what is in our hearts. In essence, the heart, and whatever resides in it, demonstrate what we are all about.

So the question is, what's in my heart? And how shall I know? Who would know? If we survey our friends, what would their descriptions of us be? Better yet, let's ask our enemies or strangers. What would they say?

You see, our lifestyle should be one that reflects who we are to all people. And even strangers should sense what's inside our hearts.
Inevitably, it is what is most important to us that will fill our hearts the most. What matters most, will reside most.

And that's when the conviction takes place. You see, if I call myself a Christian, my heart should be full of God's love. And His love should be what determines how I live. For it is His love that saves us and leads us.
It determines how I treat others, friends and strangers.
It determines how I will spend my time. And whom I will spend it with.
It determines my decisions and my plans and every detail of my life.

And so if that is the case, others will know whom God is because of what is in my heart.

And now I ask you, what's in your heart?

Matthew 6:19-21
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.





















1 comment:

  1. We are on the same page, girlfriend. The exact same page! I'm in good company :-)

    ReplyDelete