Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dear Mary

Dear Mary,

I missed your called today. I pray you're well today.
It's been a long time since we've talked.
Distance has kept us apart.
And so much has happened so far.

Dear Mary, I hear you've been through a lot. I hear you're down and out. I hear you've lost your way.
Life can be tricky that way.

Dear Mary, it seems you got caught up with glamour and fame. I heard you've gone and changed your name.

You've been searching with no findings. Looking in the wrong places.
Putting on different faces.
And still at night, your child whispers your name.
He calls for you to change. He longs to see you smile again.
He recalls the Bible stories and the songs of praise. The ones you taught him way back when.
And still today they lie within.

Dear Mary, they say you walk alone today. They say you're no one's friend, and you're the only one to blame.

I remember when in our younger days, it was Jesus you proclaimed.
I remember when you called on Him and with faith you professed.
You said you'd give your life to Him. You said you'd love Him til the end.

Something went wrong... and you were strayed away. From the one who loves you most.
Dear Mary, I hope you call again.
I've got so much to say.
You see although you've gone your own way, His love for you remains the same.

And the words that He once spoke to you, are still true today. In fact, if you just listen for a moment at the words you once believed, you will know that you are loved regardless of where you've been.

His words of love for you remain...

Dear Mary, I heard you stopped by today. I hope I'm not too late.

Isaiah 59




No comments:

Post a Comment