Tuesday, November 23, 2010

His Time

Dear God,
I've been thinking....
I can't remember the last time you and I had some time alone.
It seems there's always something or someone that gets in the way.
I want to be with you, but..... I don't know.... I just get busy
Love Lucy

Busy.
It's so easy to get busy. Always doing something. Not much time for much else. Slap a label on it, and there you have it. It's my ministry. It's my job. It's my family time. It's my "me" time. It's "quality" time. Down time. Free time?

All in the name of time. And in the midst, He remains the Alpha and Omega, beginning and the end.

And still, foolishly, we wonder, "how much more time, Lord? Do I have more time?" Actually, even this most precious gift... of time... I have managed to distort. With my own agendas and ideas.
I think about those whose time was cut short.
I'm losing sight of your plan.
And yet, you call me to "Be still and know that I am God."
But won't I run out of time? "Time for what?", I can almost hear Him ask.

Okay, Lord. You're right. Time for what?
You're the creator of time. Time is not a number to you. And my soul is eternal in you. There's no time limit with you, although my time here on earth is limited. So how should I spend my time?
Love God with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength...
Love your neighbor as you love yourself...
But mostly, Love God.

The preacher said you'd come down to me. You came down for me. You were born for me. You died for me. And you are with me.

I don't have to try so hard. I don't have to schedule a time for God. God has already made His way to me.

"Be still and know that I am God."

Dear God,
I've been thinking. That it is in those quiet times-- those still times-- you and me times---times like these, that I become more aware of who you are and who I am because of you. And everything falls into place. I find direction and peace of mind. In times like these Lord, even in my busy world, I am most content.
In times like these, Lord, I am most thankful.
love Lucy

Ecclesiastes 3:9-11 "What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men, yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment