Monday, February 6, 2012

The Heart

Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?


My heart can't be trusted.
It will lead me to sin.
It will draw me away from God and all of His ways.

The heart is deceiving.
My emotions fluctuate.
One moment I'm up, the other I'm down.

It lures me
To desires things that ultimately mislead me.
It brews judgment and fault...
It wonders and even wanders aimlessly.

Always yearning and seeking
Without fulfilling.
The heart is deceiving.

Who can understand it?
Only you, oh Lord, only you.

You can change me.
You take my heart and guide me.
You restore my senses and lead me.
You convict my heart and humble me.
You embrace it and relieve me.

From all that the heart instills
All the wrongful will.

You change my heart and make it new.
Lord, only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment