Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Simply Knowing You

Dear God,

Thank you for today...
well, I guess for right now

This moment of nothingness
of quietness
of simply knowing You

"When the music fades, all is stripped away
and I simply come"

Those are the lyrics to a worship song, but it's my prayer today

It's not in any glorious moment
Nor big and star-struck events

I simply come to you
My heart calls out to you
It yearns to be near you

Because knowing you is more than enough for me


Still knowing that I might just forget, as I begin the day
and the demands of my life begin their calls and pulls
I don't always get it right

And I'm not sure what the day will bring
or how it will end

Still at the end of the day, I come back to you
To the realization of knowing you

and that is enough for me to say, Thank you Lord for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment