Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Clearing My Head

What do you do to clear your head?

Lord, help me to clear my mind today so that I may be able to relate with you in a meaningful way. You see, when I awoke... I know I wanted to be near to you, but immediately my thoughts invaded and the silence that was there... that came with the morning rise... the one I know you provided...it was gone.
And as I tried to focus, the demands of the day began to take their toll on me. And I hoped for some time alone... with myself.. with you. I waited for the opportunity, but it seemed too far to hold. I wanted to be near you, but instead I felt alone.

Lord, give me the self-control that will help me to succeed. I don't want to carry the burden of the downfalls I might cause. I want to be just like you, but is it too far beyond my reach? I want your lead to follow, but sometimes I'm just confused.
Lord, should I be concerned that I'm falling far behind? I know sometimes I stagger, and it seems I'm out of time.
Anxiety creeps in on me. I'm overwhelmed with thoughts. Thoughts that I can't handle, at least not on my own.
Yet, somewhere in the midst of it, I can sense you are calling me. Towards you... to you... offering peace that's not my own.
I hear you say advisingly, or is it more of a warning?
"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray." 1Peter 4:7
I hear you Lord,
Clear my mind of worry... clear my mind of "me".
Help my self-control... better yet, help me to be... under your control.
Lord, this I pray.
Lord, I'm off to face the day now, knowing clearly where I stand. I'm under your control now. I leave all of it in your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment