Tuesday, November 29, 2011

long to see you smile

hey sister,
I haven't seen you in a while

I know times are hard and all, but I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty
Maybe it was something I said, or what I never did say

nevertheless, I miss ya
and I long to see you smile

hey sister,
today's the day which brings new mercies true
i heard it in the Sunday sermon, I read it thinking of you

Lamentations 3: 23 to be exact.
Lamentations.... isn't that where you're at?

Lamenting the past and the hardships of today
Lamenting that you can't make the good times stay

But how ironic! to find...
a glimmer of hope in a book like that

His mercies are new every morning.
I can live with that.

It means that although I sometimes long for it, yesterday has past
and with it, goes the burdens at last

And with it, goes the sorrow
that seems to have you trapped

It means that with tomorrow
you will have found a reason to clap

Yes, clap for joy... and even dance
Rejoice in knowing that today is a new chance

To live the life that no one else might
For in you there is strength... although you may have lost sight

It is in you... He lives in you
And His Spirit is true

He gives you whatever you need
He loves you

hey sister,
it's been a while
and I long to see you smile...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lucy - such a God 'thing' - I have been feeling pretty down lately and this just touched my soul. Thank you so much!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete