Monday, May 23, 2011

He Will Come for You

1John 3:6, 9, "No one who lives in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born on of God."

Ever been stuck on a sin?
I have...

I tried talking myself out of it. I cried, prayed, tried, and tried...and although I was never happy with it, it remained.

In it, I felt very alone. No one to tell, no one to listen.
Who would listen? Everyone looked well around me. Too good to be concerned. Preoccupied with life.
No one wanted to know my secret. No one lurked in to know. Everyone kept their distance. Smiles at a distance.
And there I was.... alone in my sin.

"People either don't want to know or they simply want to avoid the needs of others."....it seemed.

However, although my sin remained, I couldn't find joy in it. I was constantly regretful and hating it all along. I couldn't enjoy the sin.

Still no one ever came to my rescue.... no one even noticed I was in need.
No one, but God.

And so God alone sought me out. Just when I was at what seemed like my point of no return, God stretched out His arm and pulled me out.
He came for me....
He found me...
there in my struggle
in my whirlwind of a mess
in my messed up mind frame
He loved me

Ever been there?
If by any chance you are there right now, know this much...
It is at your point of no return that God will bring you out of your mess.
It is at your broken heart, that He will heal you back together.
It is in your wavering thoughts, that He will bring about peace of mind.
It is where you are right now.... wherever that is...
You see there are no boundaries to God nor His love for you.

And when you are His child, struggling...
He will come for you.
That's a promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment